Deep in the 7000 ha nature reserve of Desert Homestead Outpost, adjoining the Unesco world heritage site ‘Namib Sand Sea‘, the Outpost opens its gates and offers relaxed hospitality with a natural atmosphere. Enjoy the impressive panoramic view from the 12 houses or the main house with Restaurant, lounge and pool area, set on the base of a mountain. On the wide open plains there are often cheetahs to observe, roaming the endless grasslands.
Our guests are welcome to take advantage of all activities of the Desert Homestead Lodge. Excursions to Sossusvlei as well as horse safaris or sundowner drives.
ACTIVITIES & TOURS
• Trips to Sossusvlei in air-conditioned game-drive-car
• Trail rides in the morning and the evening
• Nature/game drives in the Namib desert
• Guided hike from Desert Homestead Lodge to Desert Homestead Outpost
• Unguided hiking trails
• Hot-air balloon rides and scenic flights of other providers are arranged on request
• Desert Horsetrails – horse safaris lasting several days